During the lockdown for the Covid-19, I started writing an App for my wedding.
Although on the web there are multiple guides, sometime it was hard to collect all the details I needed to make the app work.
So, I decided to publish in this blog a straight forward guide (there'll be mostly links to other guides) on how to setup the app.
The idea is to have my app available on both web and mobile phones.
The most effective combination I found was to use:
Firebase has lot of features that make the life easier, available even in its free version, and it's easy to integrate to an Ionic application.
In terms of tools and other services, I used:
- Bitbucket as a GIT server to store the versions of my code (as it's linked to Jira as a ticketing system; as an alternative, the most popular is GitHub)
- TortoiseGit as local GIT client
- Visual Studio Code as IDE
- Chrome as a browser for its DevTools
- For Android, I also used the emulators that come with Android Studio